There is a lot of work to be done to end homelessness here in Massachusetts. Can you help?
Learn more about our entire legislative agenda here: present policy campaigns and advocacy.
Opportunities to Take Action to Change Public Policy:
- Participate in our annual Legislative Action Day, held in late February or early March each year. The 2019 Legislative Action Day was held on Thursday, February 28th at the State House. Read about our 2019 event.
- Sign an online action letter to lawmakers.
- Sign up for policy alerts.
- Attend our monthly Housing and Benefits Committee meetings, generally held the final Friday of each month in Boston. For more details, email Kelly. See our Committee Meetings page for more details.
- Attend the monthly Homeless Youth Providers Engaging Together (HYPET) meetings, generally held the second Thursday of each month in Boston. The meetings are organized by the Coalition and Y2Y Harvard Square. For more details, email Kelly. See our Committee Meetings page for more details.
We are committed to ensuring everyone has a place to call home.
- Click here for nightly data on the EA program from the Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community Development, and here for monthly EA-related data, including on the reasons families needed to enter the shelter system. Quarterly data from DHCD, from FY’13 to the present, also is available through this link.
- During state fiscal year 2017, 4,860 families were assisted with emergency shelter and/or HomeBASE diversion assistance, out of the 9,124 families that completed applications for assistance. For fiscal year 2016, 5,609 families were approved for EA and HomeBASE diversion benefits and 3,314 families were denied assistance. More data on the EA and HomeBASE programs can be found here, as well as in this February 2017 report from the Boston Foundation.
- For additional data, follow this link to the Department of Housing and Community Development’s EA page and see our Basic Facts page.