Important Hearing on Key Homelessness Prevention and Benefits Bills: Join Us on Tuesday, May 16th at the State House
Please join us this Tuesday, May 16th starting at 1 p.m. for an important hearing in front of the Massachusetts Legislature's Joint Committee on Children, Families, and Persons with Disabilities. The committee will be taking testimony of three of the Coalition's 2017-2018 priority bills:
- House Bill 84, An Act to further provide a rental arrearage program, filed by Representative Marjorie Decker
- House Bill 85, An Act relative to the well being and care of a child, also filed by Representative Marjorie Decker
- House Bill 114, An Act to prevent homelessness among recipients of transitional assistance (a.k.a the No Place Like Home bill), filed by Representative Denise Provost
How can you be part of the hearing?
- Come in person to let the commitee know why you support these bills and the importance of homelessness prevention resources and welfare benefits
- Come be in the audience to pack the hearing room and show solidarity
- Submit written testimony to the committee
- Call your legislators to ask them to testify in suppport of the bills
- Show your support for the bills on social media
For more details, please email Kelly.