Fiscal Year 2016 Budget Priorities
Working to Prevent and End Homelessness by Increasing Funding for Housing and Protecting Safety Net Programs
Major areas of FY'16 budget focus:
- Adequately fund and protect emergency service programs for families and individuals experiencing homelessness and support key line item provisions.
- Increase funding for housing programs serving extremely low-income households.
- Adequately fund and protect key income support programs for low-income families and individuals.
- Address the needs of unaccompanied youth and young adults who are experiencing homelessness by funding housing and wraparound support services (EOHHS Line Items 4000-0007 and 4000-0300).
- Continue to fund the transportation of children and youth experiencing homelessness to decrease the costs to cities and towns (ESE Line Item 7035-0008).